SBI PO is considered as a premium job opportunity in Banking sector because of following reasons:
- Brand value of SBI and reputation associated with SBI PO post
- Lucrative pay scale which is highest among PSU Banks
- Growth opportunities where even a PO can progress to the level of Chairperson
- Job satisfaction and social prestige
SBI PO Recruitment
The SBI PO, SBI SO recruitment exam is the most premier among the public-sector bank exams in India. It is considered a little difficult compared to the bank entrance exams conducted by IBPS. The recruitment process for Probationary Officers at SBI consists of 3 stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
SBI PO Application Fee
The category wise fee structure for SBI PO online application is given below. Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. The application fee must be paid online itself. To know more check the complete guide for SBI PO Application
|1.||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.125/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2.||General and Others||Rs. 750/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The SBI PO selection process consists of 3 stages. The written examinations are conducted online, followed by an interview round. The structure of exams is as follows:
Phase-1: SBI PO Preliminary Examination
This is an online examination where the candidates must solve the question paper in one 1 hour for 100 marks. The test consists of 3 sections. Candidates must know that the sectional cut-off in the Preliminary Exam has been removed and the overall score of all the sections will be considered for selection to the next round.. The cut-off or minimum passing marks for each section is decided by the Bank each year depending on the difficult of the test. The section-wise division of the marks is given below:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||30 minutes|
|Total||100||100||Composite time of|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidate must fulfill the following two criteria to be eligible for the SBI PO Exam 2019:
- Age Limit: The candidate must be 21 Years to 30 Years.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they must produce proof of having passed the graduation examination.
SBI PO Selection Procedure: Important Points
The candidates should keep in mind the following points related to the SBI PO selection process:
- Biometric Verification: To ensure an error-free and secure selection procedure for SBI PO 2019, the bank may digitally capture the thumb impression of the candidate. This is done to verify the genuineness of the candidates. Any inconsistency in the biometric verification will lead to rejection of the candidature and punitive legal actions. Candidates are thus advised not to apply any kind of external matter like ink, mehandi, chemical etc. on their hands.
- Number of Attempts: The maximum number of chances are fixed for each category. Candidates who have used up all the chances are not eligible to apply. Appearing in Preliminary Exam is not counted as an attempt but appearing in Mains Exam is counted.
SBI PO Preparation
SBI PO preparation must be done in a systematic manner, with latest exam pattern in mind. Since the syllabus covers a lot of topics, it is important to choose the right study material so that you can understand the concepts and practice a wide variety of questions as well.
SBI PO 2018 left everyone startled with the unexpected pattern. This is the reason we have decided to provide you with the relevant new pattern questions that were asked in the last year banking exams. New pattern questions are simply the application of concepts in a new form. You just need to practice them a lot so that you don’t face issue in SBI PO 2019.
We are also updated in IBPS RRB Exam Pattern details in our website itself.
Candidates should go through previous year SBI questions, so that they have an idea of what to expect in SBI PO 2019. In fact, we have also provided you with an Study Plan for SBI PO Exam. This plan includes all the topics that may be asked this year